Where can I buy 10" rough in toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Loka

Reaction score
Hey folks.. we have a very small guests bathroom in our house with an ancient toilet that is always always clogged even though we use handheld water sprayer and don't use toilet paper.. I need to buy a 10"rough in round power flush toilet ..I can't find these soecs online.. any recommendations? Thanks so much for your prompt responses..

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
What if your rough measurement from the wall? Measuring from the center of the bolt caps to the wall above the floor mold is what you're looking at.
Installing a 10" rough on a standard 12" rough doesn't give you any more room. All that would do is give more space behind the tank.

Loka

Reaction score
What if your rough measurement from the wall? Measuring from the center of the bolt caps to the wall above the floor mold is what you're looking at.
Installing a 10" rough on a standard 12" rough doesn't give you any more room. All that would do is give more space behind the tank.

Hi, here's a picture of the wall to bolt cap measurement .. i hired a plumber last month and he told me its a 10" rough toilet and recommended that i get a power flush one.. i just can't find these specs online.. thanks in advance for your help!

20200115_124649.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
I think most others would suggest a good gravity flush toilet for normal circumstances.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would pick up a CST743S TOTO Drake which will install at 11" from the wall.
You measured from the floor base there, so it does look like you have 11" where the tank would sit.
Unless you have unusually large stools I don't see whey you would go with a pressure assist bowl.

The S tank is 1.6 G{F
The E tank is 1.28 GPF

cst743e-01.jpg

If you really want a 10" rough toilet then
CST744SF.10 is one, but it's elongated.
American Standard makes their Cadet line with a 10" tank.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks