Help selecting toilet NYC multi-dwelling apt

Users who are viewing this thread

Irmb

Reaction score
Hi, Please help!!
This is the toilet that was installed (flushometer being replaced and hopefully toilet). First, can I only get a commercial toilet to accommodate flushometer? Second, top mount toilets I’ve found extend too far out (door opening at 29”). Suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

ADD11558-73B7-4222-B879-7402E5E1F553.jpeg

Irmb

Reaction score
C4A6757A-3B01-4076-AB0A-A81E6B6BDCB8.jpeg
B3A2D825-A8D9-4A14-9DE8-08E3180ED07D.jpeg
Hi, Please help!!
This is the toilet that was installed (flushometer being replaced and hopefully toilet). First, can I only get a commercial toilet to accommodate flushometer? Second, top mount toilets I’ve found extend too far out (door opening at 29”). Suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

View attachment 58239
What is the dimension from the wall to the center of the bolt caps that hold the bowl to the floor?

View attachment 58239[/QUOTE]

Hi! Thanks for getting back to me!

11” to center of bolt
27 1/2” to start of door frame (29” to start of door)

Contractor purchased new Sloan Royal Flushometer Model 111 as well as a 4 1/16”, 5 1/16”, 6 1/16” tail assembly pieces.
As you can see in the pic below the initial install was sloppy (crooked and very close to wall. Is this adjustable? Do I have the correct pipe extensions to make it work without creating the same spaces and chips that occurred during previous install. Granted chipping can occur but it seems the chips that occurred on the previous install were due to rushing the job and using the wrong tools and/or not using something soft between the wrench/plier and the pipe)
I’ve looked at several toilets and just can’t find options
Lastly, I’m curious if you know anything about powder coating plumbing pipes - I was told that rust won’t be issue because pipes are brass?
What is the dimension from the wall to the center of the bolt caps that hold the bowl to the floor?
C4A6757A-3B01-4076-AB0A-A81E6B6BDCB8.jpeg B3A2D825-A8D9-4A14-9DE8-08E3180ED07D.jpeg

Reach4

Reaction score
img1.jpg
As you can see in the pic below the initial install was sloppy (crooked and very close to wall.
I don't see that. To me the horizontal pipe appears to be parallel to the wall. What difference do you measure?

Last edited:

Irmb

Reaction score
E81C6C2E-EE85-42D5-B198-B8902EC3DBF0.jpeg
View attachment 58287
I don't see that. To me the horizontal pipe appears to be parallel to the wall. What difference do you measure?

Easier to see here - but that’s the least of my concerns — really need to know if there are other options for toilet bowl besides Gerber that is narrow depth and manual flushometer (as I’m not going to open the wall after all the tile work done).

Reach4

Reaction score
I think you may be saying that the toilet seems rotated CCW as viewed from above, rather than at 90 degrees to the back wall. Is that it?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the bolts holding the toilet to the flange are 11" from the wall, there are some tank type toilets that would fit but it might be close for the tank to the water supply. Any 10" rough in would fit on that toilet flange and some 12" ones. The amount of space behind the toilet often can be "cheated" by sliding the mounting bolts, so one that had a nominal say .75" might be shifted enough to fit on an 11" space.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks