Tank tee position

Users who are viewing this thread

jdz

Reaction score
Does it matter which way a tank tee is plumbed into the pressure tank? Typically the tee is plumbed in with the lower part of the “T” going into the pressure tank. Do to routing pipes, I was wondering if I could plumb it in with an end of the T Feeding the pressure tank, the top part of the “T”. Honestly, there doesn’t seem like there are very many times that using the tee as a T is the most practical way.

Reach4

Reaction score
Does it matter which way a tank tee is plumbed into the pressure tank? Typically the tee is plumbed in with the lower part of the “T” going into the pressure tank. Do to routing pipes, I was wondering if I could plumb it in with an end of the T Feeding the pressure tank, the top part of the “T”. Honestly, there doesn’t seem like there are very many times that using the tee as a T is the most practical way.
Usually the middle part of the tee goes to the pressure tank.

If is often the case that no special tank tee is needed.

You want a drain valve at or below the pressure tank to drain out sediment. A relieve valve, which I don't have, is good. How about a photo or sketch showing the input to the pressure tank, pressure gauge, valve shutting off water to the house, pipe from well.

jdz

Reaction score
Thanks for your help guys. I didn’t think it would matter, I just wanted to double check

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks