Sewage Ejector Set Up

Users who are viewing this thread

CanadianSal

Reaction score
Wondering if I can get some feedback on this set up before I start glueing things together. Any feedback will be appreciated.
Thsi will all be ABS piping. I am also tryong to figure out with type of fitting will give me the slope at the top - the red circle.
Capturegif.gif
Capturegif.gif

ImOld

Octogenerian
Reaction score
Well, down south here we have 90, 45, 22-1/2 short sweep, long sweep, and street elbows that can get you just about any degree of slope you can imagine.

Haven't you ever seen people like me at your favorite plumbing supply place pushing and twisting all those fittings together until it looks like what we want?

Reach4

Reaction score
Wondering if I can get some feedback on this set up before I start glueing things together. Any feedback will be appreciated.
Also consider how you would replace the pump.

Think about the electric to supply it -- GFCI or no?

Too-full alarm?

Should the pump be a grinder pump rather than an effluent pump? If you are servicing a toilet, for sure.

CanadianSal

Reaction score
Also consider how you would replace the pump.

Think about the electric to supply it -- GFCI or no?

Too-full alarm?

Should the pump be a grinder pump rather than an effluent pump? If you are servicing a toilet, for sure.

Thanks. This is for a Basement Toilet, Shower and Sink - nothing else will discharge here. I bought the Flotec 3/4 HP Sewage Pump. Assuming thatthis is good?
Regarding changing the pump - is this with regards to moving the pipes? Any ideas on how I can make the Vent easily movable?

I am assuming that I can use the Ball Valve and Check Valve to easily close and disconnect the discharge line.

Reach4

Reaction score
Regarding changing the pump - is this with regards to moving the pipes? Any ideas on how I can make the Vent easily movable?
Picture yourself unscrewing the gasketed lid, and lifting that lid. Picture yourself then putting that back.

It may be that when the time came, you could saw out a section of each vertical pipe, do the work, and put it back with pairs of shielded flexible couplings. Maybe it could be done with unions. Maybe you would just cut pipes, and use new pipes for the reinstall. I don't know what would be best or normal.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
In my jurisdiction we are no longer allowed to install NON pressure rated ABS pipe and fittings for ejector pumps. We only install PVC and Water pressure rated fittings.

We install a check valve that has rubber hose clamp style connectors (arguably not pressure rated which is rather funny and sad). On the vent, install a NoHub coupler which will act as union for servicing.

As far as gettting slope.. The slope is 1/4" per foot.. which if you just angle the pipe slightly in the fitting socket as you're gluing it you will get the proper slope.. Especially if you do use ABS pipe and fittings.

CanadianSal

Reaction score
In my jurisdiction we are no longer allowed to install NON pressure rated ABS pipe and fittings for ejector pumps. We only install PVC and Water pressure rated fittings.

We install a check valve that has rubber hose clamp style connectors (arguably not pressure rated which is rather funny and sad). On the vent, install a NoHub coupler which will act as union for servicing.

As far as gettting slope.. The slope is 1/4" per foot.. which if you just angle the pipe slightly in the fitting socket as you're gluing it you will get the proper slope.. Especially if you do use ABS pipe and fittings.

Thanks. With respect to the slope, can I instally a fernco coupleron the vertical piece? This way, I cab tilt it to guarantee that te slope is present.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
That really isn't necessary. When you get to the point where it becomes gravity, just tilt the pipe in the socket while the Glue/Cement is curing. Plastic pipe and fittings have a bit of play and slop in them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks