Single to Double Sink Vanity (again)

Users who are viewing this thread

ironnickwhite

Reaction score
You can tee below, come out of the wall, and run to the other lav. I would then add a AAV to prevent the trap siphoning. I will be adding an AAV to a lav tomorrow. They did something similar, but in the wall, coming up with a 90 bend before hitting the p-trap. There is a godawful smell coming from that lav.
great. so new tee below the current tee, correct? so single vent with 2 tees, one for each lav. and AAV on both lavs between the trap and the vent tee? thanks a bunch.

Gregkl

Reaction score
NO. You can't just throw a second wye in.
The point of plumbing, is to prevent trap siphoning.

Of course if you don't care about smell, then it doesn't matter.
Each trap needs to be vented.
When you run waste paste a second sink, it pulls the water from that trap.
When that happens, well I guess you know what it's like to live in Guatemala.
You are now becoming your own third world country.

Third World Plumbing

double_lav_rough_1.jpg
Old thread I know. I will learn how to search, start a thread and all that but happened to be reading this. I am plumbing two bathrooms with a common wall for the plumbing. Two lavs in one room and one in the other. Just to confirm, this picture is okay for venting purposes, correct? And for plumbing the sink in the other room, could/would I just tie my vent in above the vertical vent pipe shown in the picture and run a separate drain to tie in under the floor? Thanks.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Old thread I know. I will learn how to search, start a thread and all that but happened to be reading this. I am plumbing two bathrooms with a common wall for the plumbing. Two lavs in one room and one in the other. Just to confirm, this picture is okay for venting purposes, correct? And for plumbing the sink in the other room, could/would I just tie my vent in above the vertical vent pipe shown in the picture and run a separate drain to tie in under the floor? Thanks.

The picture was not attached?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I do not see the "grounding wire",' but if there is one, it does NOT connect to the hot water piping, unless you want to replace your water heater sooner than you should have to. why would someone need a "third drain"?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks