Delta, Hot water coming out cold faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

RedSoxFan1

Reaction score
Hello,
I had a leaking shower so I called Delta and they sent me out a new cartridge. Upon removing the old cartridge I discovered Delta sent the wrong part. I called Delta back and they are now sending the correct replacement cartridge.

The cartridge I removed was broken and the plastic half remained lodged in the valve in the wall. It took some effort to get the plastic part out - to the point the cartridge can not be put back into the valve. So I capped the valve and the pipe the shower head goes on so I could turn the water back on.

For some reason there is now warm to very hot water coming out of the cold side on multiple sinks in the house. Anyone know why that is happening and is there anything I can do to fix it while awaiting the arrival of the new cartridge from Delta?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Reach4

Reaction score
For some reason there is now warm to very hot water coming out of the cold side on multiple sinks in the house. Anyone know why that is happening and is there anything I can do to fix it while awaiting the arrival of the new cartridge from Delta?
Close the stop valve for either the cold or hot, if you have one.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The hot is crossing over at the shower valve.
They do make a plug for that. I doubt that the homecenters carry it though.

delta-rp46079.jpg

Last edited:

RedSoxFan1

Reaction score
The hot is crossing over at the shower valve.
They do make a plug for that. I doubt that the homecenters carry it though.
Thanks Terry. I will contact my local plumbing supply store. Should I just ask for a rough in valve plug that stops cross over or is there a specific name for that?

Reach4

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what you mean by stop valve.
A stop valve is one that shuts off the water. Some valves have them built in, and they are generally screwdriver-operated. They are on the outside of the big hole in this picture:

multichoice_d1.jpg

Some installations have separate valves installed. If you have neither, wait for the cartridge.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks