CSV pump GPM

Users who are viewing this thread

Grunt

Reaction score
Am using a csv on my shallow well jet pump. Prior to using csv I had a large bladder tank & was able to check how many gpm my pump was producing by timing pump on & off etc. Now with the csv & very small bladder tank do I just collect water from outside hose bibb (that does not run thru filter tank) for 1 minute & measure the water collected during that 1 minute ?
V / R Grunt

Reach4

Reaction score
ow with the csv & very small bladder tank do I just collect water from outside hose bibb (that does not run thru filter tank) for 1 minute & measure the water collected during that 1 minute ?
You can fill a 5 gallon bucket, and time how long that takes. If it takes T seconds, then the gpm is T/12.

However the outside spigot and the piping may restrict you. So maybe fill two buckets simultaneously. One at another spigot or maybe at the laundry tub or whatever. Run both simultaneously, and add the two gpm numbers.

Last edited:

Grunt

Reaction score
You can fill a 5 gallon bucket, and time how long that takes. If it takes T seconds, then the gpm is T/12.

However the outside spigot and the piping may restrict you. So maybe fill two buckets simultaneously. One at another spigot or maybe at the laundry tub or whatever. Run both simultaneously, and add the two gpm numbers.
Makes sense, but what is the T/12, T represents seconds but why the 12 ?

Reach4

Reaction score
Makes sense, but what is the T/12, T represents seconds but why the 12 ?
60 (seconds/minute) / 5 gallons = 12 seconds/gallon/minute
Whoops. I must have zoned out. What VAWellDriller said.

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Just open enough faucets to keep the pressure 20 PSI lower than the CSV setting. At low pressure the CSV is just a piece of pipe and what you measure from all the faucets will be the amount the pump can produce.

Grunt

Reaction score
The right formula is 300 / (seconds to fill 5 bucket)....gives you gallons per minute.

I dont know what you word want seconds/gallon/minute for.
Sorry I didn't get back here sooner but when I had read reach4's comment about being zoned sounded like a good idea so I got zoned also.
The reason I need to know the gpm is am going with a larger mineral tank and probably a fleck 5810.
V/R Grunt

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks