Will this pass inspection?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mark Mathe

Reaction score
I am designing the plumbing for a guest bath in a new post frame home. I have attached a 3D rendering of the plumbing and want to know if there is any thing I need to do different. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Guest Bath Plumbing.png
    Guest Bath Plumbing.png
    94.4 KB · Views: 234

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
If the arm on the lav. waste is less than 36" it can look straight out without the re-vent.

Mark Mathe

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply John,
One concern I have is the vent for the tub has a 6" long horizontal run over to the vent in the wall. Does this hve to connect to the tub branch with a wye, like shown, or can a saniary tee be used turned to a 45 degree angle with a 1/8 bend to go up into the wall? Or, could I move the tub branch over, directly under the wall, and come straight up with a sanitary tee for the vent? I have attached a plan view of the bathroom.

Attachments

• Guest Bath Plumbing Plan.png
    Guest Bath Plumbing Plan.png
    13 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:

Mark Mathe

Reaction score
Turbocad Deluxe 2019. I love playing with it. I am currently modeling the entire post frame home we're going to build.

Mark Mathe

Reaction score
If anyone can make heads or tails of this, is there anything I left out, or should do different. This is a rendering of the entire drain, waste, vent for the home I will be building.

Attachments

• Building Plumbing.png
    Building Plumbing.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 204

Mark Mathe

Reaction score
So just upsizing the 2" from the 3x3x3 wye leaving the house to where the washer drain connects should solve the problem?

Reach4

Reaction score
So just upsizing the 2" from the 3x3x3 wye leaving the house to where the washer drain connects should solve the problem?
I think so. I am not a plumber. I would interchange the from and the to, but that is just semantics.

Mark Mathe

Reaction score
Here is a different view of the 3d rendering that is much easier to understand with a few changes. I think I have it the way it needs to be, but I would really like feed back as we will be preparing for slab in the very near future.

Attachments

• 3D Plumbing.png
    3D Plumbing.png
    173.4 KB · Views: 175

Reach4

Reaction score
one-way cleanouts usually point downstream.

The downs stream toilet may need its own vent the way it is. If that toilet joined after the lavatory then probably not.

Mark Mathe

Reaction score
How about this? The tub ties in before toilet. The trap arm to the tub is 2' 6".

Attachments

• 2nd toilet.png
    2nd toilet.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 175
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks