3 hp 3 wire 240 volt Control Box

Users who are viewing this thread

bobfromtexas

Reaction score
I have a 3 hp 3 wire Gould pump that does nothing but fill the pond that has another pump that irrigates the lawn. It runs most of the time to keep up.The other day it stopped working. The breaker was not tripped. The start capacitor was leaking so I replaced it. Still nothing. I disconnected the pump wire at the well. No voltage. The points are closed on the pressure gauge. It reads 240 at the line side of the controller but nothing on the load side. Could a shorted pump have fried the controller ? I have a new controller ordered but don't want to damage it if the pump is the problem. Thanks for any advice.

VAWellDriller

Reaction score
I have a 3 hp 3 wire Gould pump that does nothing but fill the pond that has another pump that irrigates the lawn. It runs most of the time to keep up.The other day it stopped working. The breaker was not tripped. The start capacitor was leaking so I replaced it. Still nothing. I disconnected the pump wire at the well. No voltage. The points are closed on the pressure gauge. It reads 240 at the line side of the controller but nothing on the load side. Could a shorted pump have fried the controller ? I have a new controller ordered but don't want to damage it if the pump is the problem. Thanks for any advice.
Try resetting red overload buttons on bottom of control box.

bobfromtexas

Reaction score
You probably have a "Deluxe" control box with the power relay. If the relay doesn't suck in you don't get any power out of the box.
Thanks for the reply valveman. Yes it is the deluxe cb30412mc box. I took the power relay out and wire it like a standard box. It works fine controlled by the circuit breaker. I have a new deluxe box on the way.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks