Help identifying Gerber shower handle set

Users who are viewing this thread

T.K.

Reaction score
I am in the process of converting my tub shower combo to chrome and have switched everything except the Gerber handle set it is in gold and I need to switch the trim collars and handles to chrome but I have sent pictures to Gerber and they admit they might have made it sometime they do not have a retrofit kit to change it to chrome I am wondering if anyone knows anything about it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 205
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 217
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 208
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 250

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
This trim is still available in chrome. If I remember right the sleeve 90021 has to be trimmed to make shorter.Not shown is your handle. In chrome/china is part # 86-033

thumbnail

T.K.

Reaction score
This trim is still available in chrome. If I remember right the sleeve 90021 has to be trimmed to make shorter.Not shown is your handle. In chrome/china is part # 86-033

thumbnail
Thank you so much it has taken me 6 months to find these parts the valve works great so I was reluctant to have to tear it out to just change the looks of it by chance would you know the model number of the valve ? As I will make a note for future reference as gerber did not even admit to ever making it I got behind the shower and got a picture of the stamped model of the valve the number turns up nothing on the internet

Attachments

• CE867238-43FE-434F-A919-734CFF222F9F.jpeg
    CE867238-43FE-434F-A919-734CFF222F9F.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 219
  • 4642AE5D-6F7A-4623-AC6A-375AD9A4E600.jpeg
    4642AE5D-6F7A-4623-AC6A-375AD9A4E600.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have found many times the customer service persons have little knowledge. Most manufacturers have contacts for professionals. And still have limited knowledge. Gerber has been sold to Globe/Union from China since your valve was made. Bust of luck

T.K.

Reaction score
I have found many times the customer service persons have little knowledge. Most manufacturers have contacts for professionals. And still have limited knowledge. Gerber has been sold to Globe/Union from China since your valve was made. Bust of luck
Thank you you helped get me in the right direction I just wish gerber were more like delta or moen for there ample parts for older models

T.K.

Reaction score
I received gerber part 90021 chrome sleeves today and it is not as big in diameter than the old one do you have any ideas which sleeve fits my shower handles? As there is quite a bit of difference in diameter between the two

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 191
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 168
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 245

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Is your escutcheon and sleeve 1 piece or 2 piece?. They have a extended valve like yours that has a 1 piece trim that screws onto a plastic nipple.

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Revisit the parts sheet above. A number I mentioned was incorrect. The 91-021 should have been 90-021. I checked and it is still available.I apologize for the inconvenience.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
I would strongly suggest you replace the Gerber with a Delta pressure balancing valve or temperature setting (120 def F Max)

In the last few years therre have ben many cases of people being scalded

T.K.

Reaction score
Revisit the parts sheet above. A number I mentioned was incorrect. The 91-021 should have been 90-021. I checked and it is still available.I apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you 91-021 looks a lot more like what I need than 90-021 that I have it is getting me closer to getting it all in chrome and the guy who says to replace it I understand but it functions flawless and I’m into not replacing what is not broken the China handles that you mentioned in the earlier post I cannot find do you know of a compatible replacement for the handles?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks