Bond ABS and brass together

Users who are viewing this thread

Jackson882

Reaction score
I have a freestanding bathtub with ABS waste and overflow and I need help connecting a brass tailpiece to this. What kind of cement will bond with these two materials

Jackson882

Reaction score
Take a pic of what you are trying to do, they make a slip joint connection for this. No glue

This is not my bathtub but it is the exact setup I need. My waste and overflow looks exactly the same as the photo, as well as the brass tailpiece

Attachments

• 1799A074-0320-4D16-BC8E-38FD5A3C6222.jpeg
    1799A074-0320-4D16-BC8E-38FD5A3C6222.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 349

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can't glue ABS to brass. You can use either a slip joint nut and washer or they also make a Rapid Connect for hidden connections.

Why do you have an ABS tub waste and overflow and a brass tailpiece? You may want to also change out the p-trap there.

rapidconnect-terrylove-1.jpg

Jackson882

Reaction score
You can't glue ABS to brass. You can use either a slip joint nut and washer or they also make a Rapid Connect for hidden connections.

Why do you have an ABS tub waste and overflow and a brass tailpiece? You may want to also change out the p-trap there.

rapidconnect-terrylove-1.jpg

I purchased a OS&B brand hidden connection kit just like the one in the photo you posted however my kit came with a brass tailpiece.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
How about a picture 800 pixels or less of your tub drain then.

The chrome tube is the same diameter as the brass. It's just fancier looking.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks