KOHLER Mobilizes in Response to Hurricane Dorian

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Kohler Co., a global leader in kitchen and bath products and power systems, has moved quickly to assist those along the projected path of Hurricane Dorian.
Kohler has also been coordinating with local distributors of its power generation products to move generators, parts, and other emergency power equipment into the area.

More of the story

What an awesome thing for Kohler to do.

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
We have decided to ride it out. Check back Tues. if we still have internet hopefully we made the right decision.

ImOld

Octogenerian
Reaction score
I'm at my sisters in Melbourne. Just battened down the hatches. Bring it on, Dorian!

Attachments

• bringiton.JPG
    bringiton.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 159

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Well, you could also look at their action as good salesmanship...there is likely going to be an increased demand. As long as they don't inflate the prices, I see nothing wrong with that, and is a smart business decision, but don't really see it as a big attaboy unless they are discounting them or doing long-term, cheap financing as part of it.

Places like HD and Lowes tend to order in lots of repair materials in anticipation of the increased demand, so it's not unusual. The utilities have the national pool of mutual aid prepped, and a lot of other organizations as well. It will be interesting to see how FEMA handles this. Their track record lately hasn't been all that good!

Here's hoping it isn't as catastrophic as it could be and it just skirts the coast.

Reach4

Reaction score
Sellers should only sell materials, especially generators, during panics high-demand situations on a no-return or 30% restocking fee basis. Letting hoarders get a contingency generator for free is unfair to the sellers IMO.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks