Help identify brand cast backwater valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Ponte Anthony

Reaction score
Hi good morning. I'd like to get a few more years out of my cast backwater valve which someone removed the flapper out of years ago.

House was built in 1957, I believe the setup was retrofitted in the 1960's.

Any help would be greatly appreciated to identify which brand this is.

wXW4Ee9.jpg

rt7MEz0.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Those units with the flapper don't reliably stop a sewage backup anyway. The good backwater valves will be "normally open" and will close if the water level rises.

If you predictably get sewer backups in your area, there are better, but not cheap, solutions.

Cool Blue Harley

One Dumb Plumber
Reaction score
Wow! Awesome thank you very much. Looks like they operate out of CA and their website is mostly abandoned. I will call them today to see what they recommend.

Any supply houses near you in CA ?

Yes. They are available in numerous supply houses in SF.

But the post by Reach4, #3 of this thread, is spot on. Why spend time and money repairing a backwater valve of poor design.

Reach is referring to the Mainline backwater valve which is always open, unless a back flow situation occurs. I believe they are manufactured in Canada, UPC approved and manufactured out of polypropylene. A better product.

Ponte Anthony

Reaction score
Yes. They are available in numerous supply houses in SF.

But the post by Reach4, #3 of this thread, is spot on. Why spend time and money repairing a backwater valve of poor design.

Reach is referring to the Mainline backwater valve which is always open, unless a back flow situation occurs. I believe they are manufactured in Canada, UPC approved and manufactured out of polypropylene. A better product.

I agree. I will be speaking to local plumbers on the same, but figured in the meantime depending on cost I repair what is there.

**Would you mind recommending a supply house in the area ? I called a few and got nowhere- I will ask a friend in Bay area to head out.

Thanks much.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks