Kohler or sterling shower no hot water

Users who are viewing this thread

Barry1978

Reaction score
My shower recently stopped getting hot. I have tried to adjust the hot water from the valve or handle with no luck. I have an older type kohler single handle shower. I replaced the mixing valve and still no hot water. I took the shower head off and I have hot water coming out but as soon as I put it back on the hot water stops

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Where is the hot/cold water shut off for the shower? Do you know if your valve body has stops or a shut off perhaps in the basement? With the water off and the mixing valve removed, turn on the hot water to see of water flows to the valve body.

Attachments

• valve body.jpg
    valve body.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 265

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Did this confuse anyone else?
I think it is an old valve seat or other obstruction closes off the water flow. Without a shower head there is little resistance and the obstruction moves, slow up the water flow and the obstruction closes.

Another is the balancing spool inside the mixing valve but it was replaced.

Barry1978

Reaction score
I think it is an old valve seat or other obstruction closes off the water flow. Without a shower head there is little resistance and the obstruction moves, slow up the water flow and the obstruction closes.

Another is the balancing spool inside the mixing valve but it was replaced.
So what would be the best way to clear the obstruction

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Look for this with the gray cartridge removed. If you see black plastic this needs to be changed. If you see only brass additional troubleshooting will need to be done.

upload_2019-8-6_6-32-58.jpeg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks