Fleck 2510 -- which variant for Air Injection?

Users who are viewing this thread

Francois Gamache

Reaction score
Researching options to filter out iron (2ppm) manganese (.2ppm) and general turbidity/colour from well that produces 6gpm.

Leaning towards an air injection system with Vortech tank (10x54), Katalox Light media and a Fleck 2510 valve.

Since I *love* to complicate things and understand the minutiae of it all, I will of course buy all the components separately and assemble myself :p

So, back to the Fleck 2510 -- there seem to be options to consider and this is where I need input: I need the "filter" variant as opposed to the "softener" variant, but where do I even see that?? I only find the SXT model which seems to relate to the screen/timer.

Injector size seems to be another option?

None of the online vendors I looked at list any of these options -- and perhaps others -- that need to be selected for my air injection system.

Am I just complicating things??

Reach4

Reaction score
So, back to the Fleck 2510 -- there seem to be options to consider and this is where I need input: I need the "filter" variant as opposed to the "softener" variant, but where do I even see that?? I only find the SXT model which seems to relate to the screen/timer.
The filter version uses a different piston, and does not have an injector.

However it is possible that you would want the softener version, and be able to draw from a solution tank during what would be the brine draw cycle. My iron+H2S filter does that. With my Centaur Carbon, 5 gpm backwash is enough. My system regenerates every 3 days with a chlorine bleach solution.

For a lot of media you would want more -- maybe more than 7 gpm. a 5810 xtr2 would let you program your backwash in more than one interval. That way, you would be sure to have your pressure tank full of water during one or more of the cycles. So if you wanted 8 gpm, (close to 7) you could do it. If you wanted 12 gpm, you coulddo that too. The pressure tank makes up the shortfall during a limited-time backwash.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Incorrect on both, you need the AIO variant. This has a different piston, a couple of integrated checks, draw screen, etc...

Francois Gamache

Reaction score
The filter version uses a different piston, and does not have an injector.

Thanks for the response and additional info!

So then does the filter version pull in air during regen (compared to the softener version that draws brine or whatever)??

In other words for my purposes do I just need to make sure I get the filter version and I'm good?

Reach4

Reaction score
Thanks for the response and additional info!

So then does the filter version pull in air during regen (compared to the softener version that draws brine or whatever)??

In other words for my purposes do I just need to make sure I get the filter version and I'm good?
Ditttohead has the informed info. My filter is not AIO. I think the air would be drawn during brine draw.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks