Sprinkler pressure starts fine for a couple minutes, then loses pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Travis11

Reaction score
Hi all, hoping to find some sort of guidance. My sprinkler system is a year old underground rain bird system that covers 17000 sq ft with 8 zones. When I turn a zone on the pressure and flow are great. A couple minutes into the cycle the zone will lose some pressure and have a bad flow. This will continue until there is barely a flow. When the pressure drops my backflow pressure valve spits water out of the top. If I turn it off and start another cycle the same thing happens. Great pressure for a few minutes, and then it loses it. I am on well water with a constant pressure system. Any guidance is appreciated!

Travis11

Reaction score
What does your pressure gauge indicate during these events?
My pressure gauge is set at 60 psi. When the sprinklers start running it sits around 50/55 psi. After a few minutes when the pressure drops the psi drops and pulsates 20-40ish psi

Travis11

Reaction score
How long do you have to wait to have good pressure again? And how big is your pressure tank
The pressure inside the house is fine. Even after sprinkler pressure drops if I turn them off pressure in house returns almost in seconds to 60psi. I have a constant pressure system. So not sure if well casing is cracked or what is going on.

Travis11

Reaction score
This is it appears to be a 2ish gal

Attachments

• 20190717_175514.jpg
    20190717_175514.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 292

Reach4

Reaction score
The pressure inside the house is fine. Even after sprinkler pressure drops if I turn them off pressure in house returns almost in seconds to 60psi.
What does the pressure in the house do while you are running the sprinklers? Drops to 50 and holds steady?

Travis11

Reaction score
What does the pressure in the house do while you are running the sprinklers? Drops to 50 and holds steady?
Yes for the first 10 minutes, then the pressure in sprinklers drops as well as in house and pulsates around 25psi +-2psi. So no i guess when sprinkler pressure dies so does house pressure. As soon as I shut sprinklers off all returns to 60..

Alternatlert

Reaction score
Hi all, hoping to find some sort of guidance. My sprinkler system is a year old underground rain bird system that covers 17000 sq ft with 8 zones. When I turn a zone on the pressure and flow are great. A couple minutes into the cycle the zone will lose some pressure and have a bad flow. This will continue until there is barely a flow. When the pressure drops my backflow pressure valve spits water out of the top. If I turn it off and start another cycle the same thing happens. Great pressure for a few minutes, and then it loses it. I am on well water with a constant pressure system. Any guidance is appreciated!
Hi! Please, share here the results of solving your problem? Did you fix it? If yes, please, tell me how you did it?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks