Fleck 5600sxt brine fill minutes

Users who are viewing this thread

mrshanno

Reaction score
Hi,

A little help would be appreciated as I'm trying to determine brine fill minutes for my system.

I have a 1.25 cubic ft system (40000 grains) and want to use 8lbs salt setting which I believe gets me 30,000 available grains (or 31,000 grains?). What setting should the BF brine fill be on...6?

I don't have the system yet, but am assuming the BLFC will be 0.5 gal/min.

Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
With a #0 Injector - Red, you would usually set the BD to 60, although 54 is probably enough. With a #00 Injector - Violet, you would set your BD to maybe 78.

With a #1 Injector - White , I think you could get by with 42 minutes. I would prefer to not have that one.

mrshanno

Reaction score
With a #0 Injector - Red, you would usually set the BD to 60, although 54 is probably enough. With a #00 Injector - Violet, you would set your BD to maybe 78.

With a #1 Injector - White , I think you could get by with 42 minutes. I would prefer to not have that one.

Thanks Reach, but I was trying to get brine fill, not brine draw down time. I was thinking it should be set on 6 minutes.

Bannerman

Reaction score
I was thinking it should be set on 6 minutes.
In a 1 cuft system, 8 lbs salt will regenerate 24,000 grains.

24K grains X 1.25 (cuft) = 30,000 grains so your programmed capacity assumption is correct.
8 lbs X 1.25 = 10 lbs salt required.
Assuming your softener's BLFC is 0.5 gpm (usually specified on a label located near to the brine line connection), the BF setting will need to be 6.666 minutes. Since the allowable setting will likely be whole minutes, then 7 minutes will be needed. If the BLFC rate is another flow rate (0.125, 0.25 or 1 gpm) the BF time setting will need to be modified accordingly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks