• no way man

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes but will likely not drain or smell

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Scott Montross

Reaction score
Long story short. Bought a house built in 1940, its awesome. Except there was no bathtub only a 60x30 mortar bed tiled shower. Wife requires a bathtub, so here we go. all is well through demolition and prep of the space. New subfloor installed, tub overflow drain assembled, tub fitted all looks good. Except I am having a hell of a time with the drain rough in, the positioning. Drain connection is 1 1/2" galvanized, I attached a 1 1/2 inch Fernco flexible coupling. attached to the other side is a 45 degree street elbow oriented horizontal and joined to 3 3/4" long piece of ABS, which feeds into the p trap. in order to reach the rough-in location for the drain I have to rotate the inlet to the current position shown in the photo. I prefer to not have to move the existing vent and stack. Is this even a plausible configuration? I welcome any help or recommendations.

Attachments

• IMG_8068.jpeg
    IMG_8068.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 282

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can swivel the trap anyway it needs to go to work.
The coupling should be a shielded coupling though to prevent the sagging that will occur over time.

mission_bandseal.jpg

Scott Montross

Reaction score
You can swivel the trap anyway it needs to go to work.
The coupling should be a shielded coupling though to prevent the sagging that will occur over time.

mission_bandseal.jpg
Easy enough. I considered the shielded coupling after reading a few of your other posts....However while purchasing supplies I was talked out of it. I will never again waiver on my "Trust in Terry" :) Thank you

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks