Installed new Delta mixing valve, water keeps running

Users who are viewing this thread

wildhorse119

Reaction score
I am in the middle of a bath remodel, and I installed a new Delta pressure balancing valve. I have everything plumbed and ready to go, and when I turn on the supply lines, water just comes out the spout tube, even with the valve in the off position. I've looked at the instructions, Delta website, google, youtube, etc looking for advice yet I have come up empty. Maybe I did something wrong, or missed step but I cannot figure out what the heck is going on? My next step is to call delta and have them try to help me, but I figured i would ask here first. Any advice?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
I’m assuming you installed the cartridge. Be sure the base of the cartridge has its O rings. What model # is it.

wildhorse119

Reaction score
I’m assuming you installed the cartridge. Be sure the base of the cartridge has its O rings. What model # is it.

The cartridge was installed out of the box. It is the B112915C. It comes with the valve & trim, shower head, and tub spout.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
You may have seen these. This one explains the backflow device at the base of the cartridge. This video was for a different problem.

This one opens up the cartridge and explains it.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You may not have the cartridge fully seated, or the seal is damaged. It can be a bit stiff to install the cartridge if they didn't put any silicon plumber's grease on the o-rings first. Then, once it's bottomed out, the locking nut must be installed to hold it in place properly or water pressure can push it out a little, breaking the seal.

wildhorse119

Reaction score
You may not have the cartridge fully seated, or the seal is damaged. It can be a bit stiff to install the cartridge if they didn't put any silicon plumber's grease on the o-rings first. Then, once it's bottomed out, the locking nut must be installed to hold it in place properly or water pressure can push it out a little, breaking the seal.

How about if there is no check valve assembly there? I pulled the cartridge out and it looks as though there is no RP73625 behind there... I look in the back of the cartridge and I can see the piston but everything I have tells me there is supposed to be a check valve assembly there as well.

Jadnashua

Reaction score
Have you put the trim on and tried turning the handle? It could just be in the on position!

Jadnashua

Reaction score
The last one I installed had a scratch on one of the mating surfaces, and that part needed to be replaced. But. that was only a drip, not a major flow. Have you called Delta?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks