Sewage ejector basement bathroom venting

Users who are viewing this thread

Rmichael

Reaction score
Rmichael-2.jpg

Hi I’m putting a bathroom in a basement using a sewage pit/pump. Just wanted to make sure my vent plan looks ok. Is the shower ok wet vented through the lav?

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I changed the drawing. The lav can vent the entire bathroom if the piping for that is run in 2".
The vent for the pump and bathroom can tie back in above the flood level of the highest fixture. That means if there is plumbing on the next floor, the vent goes 42" above that floor before it can tie back in. You can't tie a vent into a waste line.

The pump gets a check valve and a shutoff above that.

Last edited:

Rmichael

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the quick reply! Was planning on tying into the stack in the attic to avoid another roof penetration.

I changed the drawing. The lav can vent the entire bathroom if the piping for that is run in 2".
The vent for the pump and bathroom can tie back in above the flood level of the highest fixture. That means if there is plumbing on the next floor, the vent goes 42" above that floor before it can tie back in. You can't tie a vent into a waste line.

The pump gets a check valve and a shutoff above that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks