Tempress, Removing a Broadway Collection shower valve stem

Users who are viewing this thread

cps125

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've got a Broadway Collection shower valve which I believe may need a new stem (the handle now rotates 360 degrees and no water is coming out of the spout).

But I have no idea how to take it apart (couldn't find anything on the internet). I've attached a photo of it. At first I thought maybe if I unscrew the decorative part A or the handle B then that might expose some sort of screw that would allow me to take the rest apart and get to the stem but there is nothing there.

Does anyone here have any ideas?

IMG_0238.jpeg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Try taking a small pocket screwdriver and get behind the decorative edge if the cap (A). Light taps possibly to remove it. It sounds like the screw holding the handle to the stem maybe stripped or the splines of the stem or handle are stripped.
Does the larger trim ring next to the escutcheon also move with the handle? If it does hold it with your hand and turn the handle counter clockwise.

https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/broadway-collection-shower-faucet-what-brand.53183/

weinstein_shower2.jpg

cps125

Reaction score
@Terry I don't see any Allen screws anywhere, and no it does not pull out for volume, just rotate.

@WorthFlorida I removed the decorative cap A and handle B by unscrewing them hoping to find an Allen or any other kind of screw under them, but there were none there either. And yes, the larger trim ring next to the escutcheon also moves with the handle. I already tried holding it in place (even with a Channellock plier) and tried really hard to move the handle counter clockwise but it did not budge. I'm totally baffled as to how the heck is this thing supposed to come apart. In the photo that you posted there clearly is a screw that you can open to take things apart but mine doesn't seem to have any screws anywhere ‍

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Try taking a small pocket screwdriver and get behind the decorative edge if the cap (A). Light taps possibly to remove it.

Have you tried taking a small pocket screwdriver and get behind the decorative edge if the cap (A)? Light taps possibly to remove it.

cps125

Reaction score
Have you tried taking a small pocket screwdriver and get behind the decorative edge if the cap (A)? Light taps possibly to remove it.

Perhaps I don't understand what you're saying but isn't the point of putting a small pocket screwdriver and get behind the decorative edge of the cap (A) in order to remove cap (A)? As I said in my prev 2 posts I already have removed cap (A) but there is nothing behind it.

Btw cap (A) is screw-on not press-on so putting a small pocket screwdriver to get behind the decorative edge and tap won't help removing the cap. But turning it counterclockwise did unscrew and remove it, but like I said there is nothing behind it that would allow me to take apart the rest and get to the stem.

ImOld

Octogenerian
Reaction score
The stem is splined. No way does it fail. What the stem is attached to has failed. If need be, get a puller and get the sleeve off. Buy and install new cartridge. Done.

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
This trim has the handle and escutcheon as one piece. Remove the 2 escutcheon screws and the trim assembly comes off as one piece. The cartridge is called Tempress and will need to be replaced. Broadway used both "Standard Flow" and Enhanced Flow". Standard is normally black and enhanced is normally grey.

tempress_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks