Panasonic FV-10VEC1 ERV

Users who are viewing this thread

Llavey

Reaction score
Has anybody installed the model listed above or the FV-10VE1 warmer climate version? This looks like a very nice little unit that would serve my needs perfectly but, I do have one question for anyone who has installed one.

Has anyone installed the unit on a wall with the power cord facing down vs up, as shown in the installation guide? This would flip the direction of the EA/OA and RA/SA ports and put them inline with the direction I need to run my ductwork. Preferably, I would be able to move the door hinges so the door would still swing up. The manual does not cover this and without physically seeing a unit it is hard to determine if it is possible.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Llavey

Reaction score
Has anybody installed the model listed above or the FV-10VE1 warmer climate version? This looks like a very nice little unit that would serve my needs perfectly but, I do have one question for anyone who has installed one.

Has anyone installed the unit on a wall with the power cord facing down vs up, as shown in the installation guide? This would flip the direction of the EA/OA and RA/SA ports and put them inline with the direction I need to run my ductwork. Preferably, I would be able to move the door hinges so the door would still swing up. The manual does not cover this and without physically seeing a unit it is hard to determine if it is possible.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Ok... Looks like nobody has installed one on this forum. Thanks anyway.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Never seen one and I think I understand your issue. Reading into the manual in the setup section, reversing or flipping the unit for lack of another term, the inside air and outside air temps are read to control the airflow. Therefore, there must be processor in to read temperatures and then change speed of fans, baffles, etc. Then the unit would not function as designed. There might be baffles inside the unit tobe sure that the air flow cannot be reversed. Though what you want to do does not change airflow direction. If this was a 100% mechanical and no variable for temperature changes it probably would work. It does look like a nice unit.

Llavey

Reaction score
Never seen one and I think I understand your issue. Reading into the manual in the setup section, reversing or flipping the unit for lack of another term, the inside air and outside air temps are read to control the airflow. Therefore, there must be processor in to read temperatures and then change speed of fans, baffles, etc. Then the unit would not function as designed. There might be baffles inside the unit tobe sure that the air flow cannot be reversed. Though what you want to do does not change airflow direction. If this was a 100% mechanical and no variable for temperature changes it probably would work. It does look like a nice unit.
Thanks for the rely. All I am looking to do is rotate the unit 180 degrees from the installation manuals instructions. Not change the flow of any ports. I'm going to buy one and se what can be done. The worst thing thing would be its not possible and my installation is not as clean as desired.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks