Vent for 2" shower

Users who are viewing this thread

fordperson

Reaction score
Can I make the shower drain in this configuration? its not directly over the flow of the water from the shower however it should still allow for proper venting IMO. Any issues with this setup?

Distance from the shower drain wye to the vertical part of the vent is about 3ft.

Any advice would be great. Thanks
Tom

Attachments

• newdrain.jpg
    newdrain.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 194

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Can I make the shower drain in this configuration? its not directly over the flow of the water from the shower however it should still allow for proper venting IMO. Any issues with this setup?

Distance from the shower drain wye to the vertical part of the vent is about 3ft.

Any advice would be great. Thanks
Tom

No, if it is not vertical is has to be washed by another fixture like the sink. The vent must be downstream of the trap. Would need to see your entire layout including where the walls are to give you more ideas.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks