• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Quakertown

Reaction score
View attachment 52527 Hi all. We have a really old house, trying to make more livable so you don't have to go downstairs and to the other side of the house to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. SO. We have very low clearance on our new upstairs bathroom due to exposed beams in room below(so can't run plumbing in ceiling/floor). Looking for lowest clearance possible as close to code as possible. Have about 6.5" clearance for toilet and shower drain. Wanted to try the shower draud attached. Is it near code? Also same question for toilet. It's hard to make things work perfectly in this old house! I've talked to a number of plumbers - done give me a quote and don't see any issues, a few talk through all the reasons it won't work so wanted to see what you all thought.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190331-052255.png
    Screenshot_20190331-052255.png
    103.5 KB · Views: 192

Reach4

Reaction score
Is it near code?
No. The "water seal" AKA "trap seal" is either non-existent or too small. You should have a water seal of 2 to 4 inches.

random-plumbing.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
Seal seems low... Not sure how you would measure... top red to green I would think.
img_4.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
To be safe, call them to verify what certifications it has. My guess is that it has approvals. It would be nice if they included that on their data sheet. They've been around for 12-years or so, so aren't some fly by night company.

Quakertown

Reaction score
Sorry I cut out part of the spec sheet to keep the file size down- it says it needs to be verified for code locally . I reattached below. That's of course a great call- I'll call the company andawas and thinking even to cAll the inspector but I feel like if I go ahead and install, since most of you think it's viable and more important than if it passes inspection that it will actually do the job- I might go ahead and use it - because there aren't too many solutions for this left and I feel like there is a little leniency when trying to make a 300+ year old house livable. Thanks for all the responses.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190331-051355.png
    Screenshot_20190331-051355.png
    116.4 KB · Views: 162

Quakertown

Reaction score
Hello again. I called Prier who makes the product and got another spec sheet which also shows the 2" water seal that was mentioned by Reach4 above, so that is useful. I'm now speaking with local distributors to see if they've had any issues locally installed. They did say they don't have any specific certifications which seems strange, might need to try a different rep.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190402-105640.png
    Screenshot_20190402-105640.png
    116.5 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks