Best Standard Height Toilet: Kohler Wellworth or American Standard Champion Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Ely

Reaction score
After researching toilets, I'm deciding between the Kohler Wellworth or American Standard Champion Pro. I want a standard height 1.28 gpf, so my options are limited. I am traumatized from plunging and snaking 3 Toto toilets the past 9 years, so I have eliminated Toto. I am leaning toward the Champion Pro because it has a 2 and 3/8 inch trapway.

Any opinions on which of these is most clog resistant, and quietest?

k-11464-0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you have had issues with the Drake, then you will need something like a pressure assist from Flushmate, or something with a very large trapway like the Caroma which is 3" and not the now standardized 2" trapways.

For those that can't use normal toilets I recommend the Caroma toilet from Australia, and the Flushmate equipped Kohler Highline pressure assist. These two are the tall bowls unfortunately.
Gerber does make a pressure assist standard height in a round and an elongated bowl.

Most all other bowls use gravity and a 2" trapway.

One thing you may want to check first though, is the siphon jet at the bottom of the bowl that starts the flush action. Sometimes that gets clogged and the flush action doesn't really happen. Put a rubber glove on your hand and check to see if that jet way is blocked. That can make a big difference if the water is being slowed down at that point.

Last edited:

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
After researching toilets, I'm deciding between the Kohler Wellworth or American Standard Champion Pro. I want a standard height 1.28 gpf, so my options are limited. I am traumatized from plunging and snaking 3 Toto toilets the past 9 years, so I have eliminated Toto. I am leaning toward the Champion Pro because it has a 2 and 3/8 inch trapway.

Any opinions on which of these is most clog resistant, and quietest?

k-11464-0.jpg
I never understood the mindset of installers who place a counter top above a toilet tank cover with no real access. Believe it or not many plumbers have big hands and trying to replace a flapper is difficult at best . Trying to replace a Douglas valve is impossible without removing the toilet

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks