Drain pipe slope

Users who are viewing this thread

Don327

Reaction score
Building new utility room that’s at the same level as rest of the house. I’m about 30 feet from main drain pipe. Once I get through the floor, the new drain will already be at same level as main. If I put a drain pump under new sink, the 2” drain pipe will always hold water. Looking for advice on what to do. The house is ranch on crawl space.

Reach4

Reaction score
Once you dig, you may find there is a much deeper drain line you could connect to, and thus not need the pump.

Rather than cutting through 30 ft of slab, how about exiting to the yard, and making the wye connection in the yard. While working there, you could add a cleanout too.

Don327

Reaction score
Once you dig, you may find there is a much deeper drain line you could connect to, and thus not need the pump.

Rather than cutting through 30 ft of slab, how about exiting to the yard, and making the wye connection in the yard. While working there, you could add a cleanout too.
No slab I have a crawl space. There is a 4” pvc main that runs down center and out to septic. Problem is the main is close to joist at the end where the addition is. Is it better to run the 2” farther down and catch the main at a lower point? I would have to run probably 50’ to do this. Is it acceptable to run the 2” that far?

Reach4

Reaction score
For a 50 ft path, it should drop 12.5 inches. When you turn more than 135 degrees, I think it is, you should have a cleanout.
tees-wyes-c4812lhd3-64_145.jpg
So you could use one of these with a cleanout fitting, instead of an elbow.

Dropping 2 inches is not enough. The line to the septic is probably deeper than 3 ft below ground.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks