Users who are viewing this thread

Just Trying My Best

Reaction score
I'm replumbing an existing basement bathroom that doesn't have vents. Does this diagram look right?

1. Can I add a shower vent to the end of the 3" main horizontal waste line just beyond where the 2" shower line meets it? Is this to code?
2. If the sink is vented, do I even need to add a separate vent for the shower, or can both the shower and toilet wet vent into the sink vent?
3. Also, is it okay to add two 22 1/2 hub and hub elbows to the 3" DVW before the toilet? I'm trying to move the 3" pipe out of the hallway to underneath the bathroom floor.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 198

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The lav is run with 2" on the wet portion will wet vent the shower. The flat vent at the end is not done.
Adding 45 degrees of change to the toilet is fine.

Just Trying My Best

Reaction score
The lav is run with 2" on the wet portion will wet vent the shower. The flat vent at the end is not done.
Adding 45 degrees of change to the toilet is fine.
Thank you, Terry.
I had a feeling that vent on the end wasn't right. But I thought each fixture needed a vent? Won't the shower compete with the toilet?
Also, the two 22 1/2 hubs are on the 3" main line, before the toilet (that toilet hub is actually a sanitary Tee, the picture is incorrect).

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If the lav is run with 2" for the vent, it takes care of the toilet.
You are much better off with a wye fitting for the toilet.

index.php

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks