Quality 3/4 full port compression valves?

Users who are viewing this thread

Washer55

Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm not too savvy with soldering yet and I have a few old 3/4 gate valves that are locked up that I need to replace. Plus they aren't in a great spot for the torch regardless of who's doing the work.

Are compression valves reliable especially in a visible area? And which brands would you recommend? I can't seem to find an Apollo or Watts so wondering if there are others that are good.

BTW Are gate valves usually full port?

Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
You probably want a ball valve. Apollo THDCWD104 seems to meet your wants.
ball-valves-thdcwd104-64_145.jpg

Not full port, but the Sharkbite 24736LF could make for easy installation. https://www.sharkbite.com/sites/g/f...migrate/SB_SlipBallValve_SpecSheet_061515.pdf

Last edited:

Washer55

Reaction score

Michael Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm not too savvy with soldering yet and I have a few old 3/4 gate valves that are locked up that I need to replace. Plus they aren't in a great spot for the torch regardless of who's doing the work.

Are compression valves reliable especially in a visible area? And which brands would you recommend? I can't seem to find an Apollo or Watts so wondering if there are others that are good.

BTW Are gate valves usually full port?

Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks