Single Handle Shower Set Screw Broken Can't remove handle

Users who are viewing this thread

Gerdii5

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've scoured the forums here but haven't been able to find an answer. I have a Glacier Bay single handle shower set. I need to replace the shower cartridge. I went to unscrew the set screw and it was stuck. I put a little muscle to it and the extra torque just twisted it off, breaking the screw in place. I had to insert the allen wrench through a tiny hole to reach the set screw. I can't get a drill bit in place to extract the screw because of the odd angle created by the handle. Any suggestions? I want to avoid breaking the handle. Thanks in advance.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Hey everyone,

I've scoured the forums here but haven't been able to find an answer. I have a Glacier Bay single handle shower set. I need to replace the shower cartridge.

If you can't drill out the set screw, I don't see much else you can do except to pick up a new trim set for that, and then destroy what you need to get the handle off. They do make new trims, so it's not like a horrible thing if you put some new parts on.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks