Tub faucet handle disassembly

Users who are viewing this thread

sg8383

Reaction score
BA5F03DB-813E-46F1-8145-B0EF0814B52E.jpeg
6D8F77A3-B1DA-464F-BEF6-EE3DD940F2FC.jpeg

Hello,

I’d like to partially disassemble the faucet handle if my tub to get at the anti-scald device. There isn’t enough hot water in the mix.

Any tips on how to get this piece off? It doesn’t twist either way. There’s no other set screws I see. I don’t know if it’s the rubber gasket in the back holding it in place but it’s really rigid and I can’t seam to get anything behind it to try and pry/pull it off. I looked at everything from the manufacturer and it doesn’t really help in figuring out disassembly.

Thanks!

sg8383

Reaction score
3674F45F-50D1-46E5-BD15-4950D7C760A4.jpeg
0FE9A454-F8E8-4DFF-ACD2-45ABAA48F6D9.jpeg
You mean the bigger portion of what sticks out or the entire backplate?
Never mind. I pulled a bit more on the backplate to find it comes forward over everything. So with that off, the piece still doesn’t turn clockwise or counter.

sg8383

Reaction score
How am I going to use a wrench on a smooth, non-slotted piece? Nothing will grip to that.

Plumber Man

In the Trades
Reaction score
The bell looking cap should turn counter-clockwise to remove. Google strap wrench they do make one that is rubber and would grip onto the polish brass without scoring it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks