Two bathroom sinks or one??

Users who are viewing this thread

Ben Zahel

Reaction score
I have space for a 60 inch vanity in both the master and kids bathroom. Do you find it useful to have 2 sinks or is it better to have one sink and more counter and storage space?

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I think it's a matter of personal preference. Today, I have one sink in my apartment, and don't find that I have difficulty sharing it, although occasionally I would have used one if there was one. In my old apartment, I had two in a kind of dressing area, with the tub and toilet in a different room. That worked nicely, too. Kind of his and hers. But I can't remember more than a handful of times that we used both sinks simultaneously.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
When I built this house, I provided for 2 sinks, but only installed one. After a while I closed up the opening and kept just one sink, which is what my wife wanted.

Ben Zahel

Reaction score
I think it's a matter of personal preference. Today, I have one sink in my apartment, and don't find that I have difficulty sharing it, although occasionally I would have used one if there was one. In my old apartment, I had two in a kind of dressing area, with the tub and toilet in a different room. That worked nicely, too. Kind of his and hers. But I can't remember more than a handful of times that we used both sinks simultaneously.
Awesome, Thanks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you have kids that take the same bus, are on the same schedule, a second sink in their bathroom might make sense. Counter space is always at a premium, but a shelf may help that out. It certainly does add cost, so you'd have to look at their use pattern carefully. IF there's always complaints that they can't get to a sink when they want to, more is better. If not, it's a waste of both space and money.

Ben Zahel

Reaction score
If you have kids that take the same bus, are on the same schedule, a second sink in their bathroom might make sense. Counter space is always at a premium, but a shelf may help that out. It certainly does add cost, so you'd have to look at their use pattern carefully. IF there's always complaints that they can't get to a sink when they want to, more is better. If not, it's a waste of both space and money.
Thanks. Interesting point

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks