Shower into toilet drain

Users who are viewing this thread

bill emery

Reaction score
Thanks for the add. i am new to plumbing. I am redoing a bathroom and was wondering if i could drain the shower into the toilet? Shower would have P trap 66 in run to 1.5 in vent line to the roof. Then 20 in line and connect under the toilet into a 3 in line. Toilet has its own vent line to the roof. thanks for any help you can give

bill emery

Reaction score
so i can have a shower drain then P-trap then vent, then toilet santee fitting with the 2in drain from the shower draining into the santee fitting then 3 in line out of the house? so the shower would be up stream from the toilet, all flowing out of the house

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
so i can have a shower drain then P-trap then vent, then toilet santee fitting with the 2in drain from the shower draining into the santee fitting then 3 in line out of the house? so the shower would be up stream from the toilet, all flowing out of the house
The picture your words paint is not so good. Try a paint program to illustrate.

bill emery

Reaction score
plumbing 001.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
You need a different fitting for the toilet. No santee in the horizontal for drainage. Somebody will have a specific suggestion I hope.

California is UPC code, so your 66 inch should only be 60. Move the vent closer to the shower.

bill emery

Reaction score
You need a different fitting for the toilet. No santee in the horizontal for drainage. Somebody will have a specific suggestion I hope.

California is UPC code, so your 66 inch should only be 60. Move the vent closer to the shower.
ok i can move the drain closer to the vent. it would be 40 in run from drain to vent

bill emery

Reaction score
For the fitting under the toilet would a combination Y 1/8 bend work? If I had to I would put a bushings in it for the shower to drain into

Reach4

Reaction score
For the fitting under the toilet would a combination Y 1/8 bend work? If I had to I would put a bushings in it for the shower to drain into
Yes. I thought that was Option A. So are are you picturing the closet flange centered above? So all of that is in the same vertical plane? That would be ok, but not required. That would put the 3 inch pretty deep.

Option B looks good if they are in different vertical planes. You might try adding an overhead view to go along with your side view.

bill emery

Reaction score
Yes. I thought that was Option A. So are are you picturing the closet flange centered above? So all of that is in the same vertical plane? That would be ok, but not required. That would put the 3 inch pretty deep.

Option B looks good if they are in different vertical planes. You might try adding an overhead view to go along with your side view.
The 3 inch is very deep. This is under a mobile home. Lots of room down there. The closet flange would be centered above the 3 inch. Having 2 or 3 inches straight down under the closet flange then into the combination Y 1/8 bend then into the 3 inch drain. Everything is on the same vertical plane

Reach4

Reaction score
Sounds good.
combination Y 1/8 bend then into the 3 inch drain.
The combination is combination of wye and 45 (1/8 bend).
showproductimage

If you use the two separate pieces, as in the picture, that gives an extra point of adjustment if that is needed. The adjustment may not be needed.

bill emery

Reaction score
Sounds good.

The combination is combination of wye and 45 (1/8 bend).
showproductimage

If you use the two separate pieces, as in the picture, that gives an extra point of adjustment if that is needed. The adjustment may not be needed.

Attachments

• 1E1366A8-B734-4E44-84D3-A309C9F92435.jpeg
    1E1366A8-B734-4E44-84D3-A309C9F92435.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 145
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks