Supply line for Toto with Unifit

Users who are viewing this thread

MJA1

Reaction score
Wondering why 8” supply line requirement for skirted Toto toilets. These are both 14” rough-ins and I was hoping for one piece toilets. Also, from an installer’s perspective would there be any problems with installation and repair in these narrow areas? Thanks in advance for any input.

Attachments

• 7E6A2008-7A45-4DAC-B85E-1117376CDACA.jpeg
    7E6A2008-7A45-4DAC-B85E-1117376CDACA.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 382
  • BBD86F2D-869F-4E9D-9058-D9D5F4A76C86.jpeg
    BBD86F2D-869F-4E9D-9058-D9D5F4A76C86.jpeg
    39.7 KB · Views: 388

Reach4

Reaction score
https://terrylove.com/wc/unifit.htm says
They recommend that the water supply be 8" to the left of center, however, for the Vespin II and the Carlyle II you can get by with 5.5" from left of center.
5-1/2" for the Vespin II, Carlyle II, Carolina II, Soiree and the Guinevere.
I expect the 8 inch number is on centers and the 5.5 is to the edge of the valve.

It appears that nothing holds your flange down, other than the glued PVC pipe. That is probably OK with the Unifit, because that uses 4 screws that you drill holes for, plus it puts significant reliance on the caulking to prevent the front from swinging left and right.

Your use of the offset flange was a good idea if you could not move the deeper piping.

Last edited:

MJA1

Reaction score
Thank you for noticing that. That means in that bath I need to use a toilet with 12" rough-in. I also need a round seat d/t space limitations. Are there some toilets that "sit closer to the wall" than others. I was looking at a Drake II round. Thanks for any input.

MJA1

Reaction score
Thanks, I really try and avoid Kohler products. I would rather have the toilet stick out from the wall than use them. I just wondered if there was a 12” r-i Toto that would sit closer to walk than Drake ii. From reading some of these posts it seems not all toilets are the same length from the bolts back.

Reach4

Reaction score
From reading some of these posts it seems not all toilets are the same length from the bolts back.
I would think you would be thinking about the length from the bolts forward more than the bolts back.

MJA1

Reaction score
I guess I need to reread some things and look again at the specs. Apparently I’m thinking about this all wrong. I’m getting no help from my contractor. Unfortunately, the response is “just pick the toilet that you want”

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You need to read the spec sheets carefully to determine the clearance behind the toilet to the wall. Most of the Totos that use the UniFit adapter have 3/4" behind them.

Not all round toilets are actually shorter overall than an elongated one, so you need to again, read the spec sheets carefully. FWIW, your knees typically project the same distance whether it's a round bowl or an elongated one, if that's a factor. It's just that an elongated one is more male-friendly.

MJA1

Reaction score
I cannot use a Toto that uses a Unifit because the supply comes out of the floor. My only option is to put a 12” r-i toilet in a 14” r-i spot (staying with Toto) thus wanting a toilet has the most “depth” behind the bolts ( to be closer to the wall). The area where the toilet is is 26” wide by 29” therefore the need for a round seat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 364
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks