10" toilet rough.Messed up rough

Users who are viewing this thread

Michael Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I had two guys doing a rough and they messed up the rough for a toilet. They roughed the thing at 9-1/2" and I need it roughed at 12-1/2". Does anybody know if it's even possible to buy a 3" offset flange.

Yes, it's got concrete poured around it now. If I can't get an offset, we're going to have to go all the way down to where they glued into a 3" wye. (the difference between a ton of work and an easy fix)

3" offsets? do they exist

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
you'll need to tear up some of the floor to put in a new flange. If you paid them to put in a 12" rough, and it's 9.5", I hope you haven't paid them yet! There's really no good excuse for that, well, maybe, but not likely.

Not all offset flanges are created equal - if you do use one, you want one that has a full-diameter offset in it rather than a shallower one with a lip.

Seems like the offset is usually in the range of 2" or so.

Depending on what you were considering for a toilet, some 10" rough-ins will work on that. A Toto with a 10" Unifit adapter will work.

Note, is that distance to the finished wall, or the studs? If it's the studs, sorry, very few will fit, even a 10" one.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
They do make 10" rough toilets in all brands. Many will set at 9.5" from a finished wall, and some at 9.25".
You can also offset the bolts 3/8" off center and pick up that much.

Reach4

Reaction score
A 45 closet flange could maybe reduce the amount of concrete to be dug out. http://www.siouxchief.com/docs/defa...45-degree-offset-closet-flange---dropkick.pdf
889-45pm.jpg

Michael Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thanks everybody for your input. I bit the bullet and just broke up the floor and fixed it. Geeze. I told them repeatedly 12-1/2" - 13" off the stud wall and 18-1/2" - 19" off the side. They missed the target BOTH WAYS!! And they missed the target on the stub-outs for all three flushometer valves. They cut and capped the copper under all fixtures so short that we had to pull the pipe out and use a vice-grip to hold it so we could sweat up a coupling and a little 4" piece of copper so there was room to sweat up the stop valve. When they filled it with water to test the work - FIVE LEAKS.

Very frustrating to say the least

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks