Replacing tub/shower faucets two handle

Users who are viewing this thread

c.slater

Reaction score
We are trying to update our shower tub faucets with new nickel but have not been able to identify or find replacements. Thought it was delta, which they have d/c two handle faucets but now after sending a picture they say it’s not delta. There’s no name on it at all. So we are facing replacing the whole valve, cutting into the wall just to change this faucet. I have found faucets that look similar but don’t know how to be sure of a fit. Danco universal handles did not work. Installation was around 2004.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 232

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
It's most likely an 8" wide body, old style, non anti scalding. They still sell them, but may not be to code in your area - so find out.

Your other choice would be one handle with pressure balance valve. Moen or Delta are commonly used.

How you finish would depend on the type of wall surface you have.

c.slater

Reaction score
It's most likely an 8" wide body, old style, non anti scalding. They still sell them, but may not be to code in your area - so find out.

Your other choice would be one handle with pressure balance valve. Moen or Delta are commonly used.

How you finish would depend on the type of wall surface you have.

So how would I find this? Is there a product # or name? Or brand? My shower is fiberglass. Trying to avoid changing the whole valve.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
HD sells them.

A notice: I have a friend who owns apartments with 2 and 3 handle faucets. A kid got slightly burnt, a jury awarded them $50K.
Install one of these only where there are no kids, no elderly and no new construction.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The safety code for anti-scald shower valves applies all over the USA...now, whether it is enforced or not...this applies to any new or replacement. It does not apply to a simple repair, at least in most places. If yours was installed in 2004, it never should have passed an inspection. Now, there are ways to install anti-scald as a separate device behind the wall, but you'd need an access port for maintenance. THat generally costs more for the parts and labor than a valve with the functionality built in.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks