Gerber Maxwell WS-20-912 toilet with pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Gerber Maxwell WS-20-912 toilet with pictures. It looks to have a 3" flush valve and a trapway that around 2".
I found this in a new home provided as their builder grade toilet.

ws-20-912-terrylove-1.jpg

WS-20-912

ws-20-912-terrylove-2.jpg

Here is the standard 12" rough.

ws-20-912-terrylove-3.jpg

I haven't seen this fill valve before, and the flapper is clear. All new.

gerber-ws-20-912-spec.jpg

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Gerber /Crane are great as we installed thousands of them . NOT a single call back

Point of information in case anyone is in NYC

I was called as an expert witness for a leak in a Park ave apartment over a doctors office

I was able to prove in court the installer of the supply to the tank did it contrary to NYC plumbing code as they used the same type of connection Terry is showing above

How I won the case was quoting from the code about potable water supply

TABLE 605.3
WATER SERVICE PIPE
MATERIALSTANDARDBrass pipeASTM B 43Copper or copper-alloy pipeASTM B 42; ASTM B 302Copper or copper-alloy tubing (Type K)ASTM B 75; ASTM B 88; ASTM B 251; ASTM B 447Ductile iron water pipeAWWA C151; AWWA C115Stainless steel pipe (Type 304/304L)ASTM A 312; ASTM A 778Stainless steel pipe (Type 316/316L)ASTM A 312; ASTM A 778

Because they used plastic with a plastic nut which is not approved the doctors was able to prove negligence on the part of the building management and the installer and the apartment owner

The doctor claimed over 2,2 MILLION in damages and we won

Reach4

Reaction score
Because they used plastic with a plastic nut which is not approved the doctors was able to prove negligence on the part of the building management and the installer and the apartment owner
Those chromed copper tubes are really hard to work with in my very limited experience. How about correlated copper or stainless steel supply tubes? Would those be permitted in NYC?

I was surprised by the Accor stop valve.

Last edited:

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Those chromed copper tubes are really hard to work with in my very limited experience. How about correlated copper or stainless steel supply tubes? Would those be permitted in NYC?

I was surprised by the Accor stop valve.

If you think "those chromed copper tubes" are hard to work with WOW

I still like using 3/8 CP Brass nipples but then again I charge accordingly and the brass nipples last for decades and the great part about using schedule 40 pipe is when the fill valves have to be replaced they will fit right on the existing nipple

The corrugated tubing I would not use, bad enough that the "speedys" are allowed

The skill level is b going away seems with each new generation

Reach4

Reaction score
If you think "those chromed copper tubes" are hard to work with WOW
I tried to reuse the tubes when I ran PEX to new stop valves on my lavatory. Way too stiff.

Thinking about it, maybe had I removed the ferrule and put on a new one, I could have slid the open end of the tube deeper into the 3/8 compression part of the valve, screwed on the screw-on part up top, and then tightened the nut onto the new ferrule. I was trying to bend the tubes to insert.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The tubing becomes work hardened once bent, and can be difficult (not impossible) to rebend at a later time. With a proper tubing bender, it's fairly easy.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A solid riser fits in the nut and ferrule first and then lastly connects to the toilet valve or lav connections.
When tightening, the faucet and toilet connection gets the wrench first, and when that is tight, then the nut at the stop is tightened.
Soft copper get stiffer each time it's bent. Normally it's just a one time use deal.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Terry I used to work for a jobbing shop that had people with less skills then a 3rd year apprentice

The owner never had a plumbing license he was covered by someone

He would buy 36" speed supplies and have his so called mechanics cut off the bare end so the palin 3/8 tubing could be used when installing a Fluidmaster 200A

Using the Fluidmaster cone shaped rubber with a compression ring and nut he was able make 3 or 4 riser pieces rather then the flat head tank supply

This moron would not go for the 400A as he said it was cheaper to use the 200

Ignorance of codes is a bliss

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Delta actually made a special version of its initial toilet when it came out, for sale in NYC and Chicago only, where the plumbing code then required hardlines rather than the braided stainless that was hanging out of the toilet tank (because it didn't use a tank-bottom-mounted fill valve).

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
maxwell-round-toilet-01.jpg

maxwell-round-toilet-02.jpg

Theses tank bolts look to be rusting. It's not that old. The home was built in 2016 so it's only four years old.

I replaced the builder grade Gerber with this one-piece TOTO toilet.

ms604-terrylove-13.jpg

MS604114CEFG installed 2020.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks