Extra turn to start water running Price Pfister 3-handled shower

Users who are viewing this thread

Samuel Shlozberg

Reaction score
I have replaced a leaky hot water handle cartridge (and seat) in an old Price Pfister 3-handle shower. Leak has stopped but now I need to turn the handle about 270 degrees before the water starts running.

What did I do wrong?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Could be any of several possibilities, but they all involve something not tight enough. For what its worth, I SELDOM "repaired" Pfister compression stems. I usually converted the valve to 1/4 turn lifetime ceramic stems with modern trim and handles.

Samuel Shlozberg

Reaction score
Could be any of several possibilities, but they all involve something not tight enough. For what its worth, I SELDOM "repaired" Pfister compression stems. I usually converted the valve to 1/4 turn lifetime ceramic stems with modern trim and handles.
Thx. I probably would do that too if I knew how :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks