Price Pfister Quick Connect won't budge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Unigeezer

Reaction score
20180812_123928_480x640_240x320.jpg

Have a series 34 single handle Price Pfister kitchen faucet with side sprayer in the deck. I want to remove the hose to either clean or replace, but the quick connect will not come off no matter what I've tried so far. I tried putting silicone lubrication and letting it sit, and then following instructions I push up on the Quick Connect housing, then I push the plastic collet down while keeping up with pressure on the housing, and then try pulling it down and off but it would not budge. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reach4

Reaction score

shows that within limits.

The method is not totally clear, but it might help.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The gray part of the quick connect pushes down to release. Pressure is maintained on the gray while pulling downward. Sometimes your fingernails are enough, maybe the open jaws of a wrench to push it in.

Unigeezer

Reaction score

shows that within limits.

The method is not totally clear, but it might help.

Yes I already watched that video before posting and every other one I could find online and I understand the procedure follow it to the letter, but it just won't budge. So I was hoping someone would be able to give me another solution that I haven't been able to find on YouTube or anywhere else.

Unigeezer

Reaction score
The gray part of the quick connect pushes down to release. Pressure is maintained on the gray while pulling downward. Sometimes your fingernails are enough, maybe the open jaws of a wrench to push it in.
Yes I tried pliers and needle nose to push the collar down while pushing up on the housing but so far nothing has been able to budge it. Would it be safe to spray some WD-40 on the connection area in the hopes that it would free things up enough to remove it?

Unigeezer

Reaction score
Push down on the gray while pulling down on the adapter.
When you say adapter you are referring to the Brass housing below the gray collet correct? I tried doing that repeatedly with no luck. Just seems to be fused on there and won't budge which is surprising since I didn't think that would happen with brass

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
You say you want to clean or replace.

Well if you are going to replace, just cut the hose connector and stop fussing with the lock.

7Bflat

Reaction score
Yes I tried pliers and needle nose to push the collar down while pushing up on the housing but so far nothing has been able to budge it. Would it be safe to spray some WD-40 on the connection area in the hopes that it would free things up enough to remove it?
Your instructions worked very well Terry. I was able to remove the diverter tee sucessfully after trying for 3 hours. Thanks a Million. Love this forum!!!

Attachments

• PFister Diverter valve.JPG
    PFister Diverter valve.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 399
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks