Pex A - crimping?

Users who are viewing this thread

David Yates

Reaction score
I will be assisting a friend re-pipe his house to get rid of the poly-b pipes which have been leaking all over the house.

We would like to use uponor pex-a.

My question is: if we have to use some “poly-b” fittings in some unusual situations, can we crimp/clamp pex-a as if it was pex-b?

Dave

Reach4

Reaction score
We would like to use uponor pex-a.

My question is: if we have to use some “poly-b” fittings in some unusual situations, can we crimp/clamp pex-a as if it was pex-b?
Yes.

Reach4

Reaction score
Thanks - I use the SS clamps but I can’t imagine that changes anything
I can imagine reasons why I might want to do that. One is having side access but not easy end-on access.Less obvious is that I might not find the fitting that I want in F1960. For example, if I wanted to run 3/8 to a lav, I might want to use one of the many available fittings available in F2159 or F1807.

You will probably find this table of interest: https://www.pexuniverse.com/types-of-pex-fittings

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks