New Construction 2nd Floor Plumbing Question(s)

Users who are viewing this thread

Kenny4

Reaction score
SANY1488.JPG
SANY1495.JPG
New to this site, so hello to all. I'm drawing plans for a small 2 story in So Cal, (these are just napkin drawings for this conversation). My question will have to do with the upstairs plumbing. I have shower, toilet and 2 vanity sinks all in a row on the same wall, (will try to add a pic). The downstairs wall under this has a 4' 2x6 wall at each end with a 16' beam between and floor trusses on top of that. The trusses will bare on that wall so plenty of open chases. The problem is that the vanity drain wall would be right on top of that beam, so would have to be rerouted. Let me try to get the pic up, so what I'm saying will make sense. Thanks, Kenny
SANY1488.JPG
SANY1488.JPG

Kenny4

Reaction score
Sorry about all the pics, my first post, I guess I hit the stutter button. Not sure how to remove the 2 duplicates. I n the pic of the upstairs the floor trusses will run parallel to the stair well with the ends resting on the same wall as the plumbing, and should be 24" oc. The 4' wall is 2x6 so could be used for main drain. Directly under is 16"-24" crawl space, (depth of truss not determined yet), so at 1/4" per ft there seems to be plenty of room to reach the 4' wall. It seems the shower and toilet should drain easily to the 4' wall. It's just the drain from the vanity sinks that I can't visualize, and need help with. Thanks

Kenny

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks