Slow draining bathtub

Users who are viewing this thread

Cole2944

Reaction score
se just moved in a month ago. The bathtub drained fine for the first 2 weeks and now it’s like a bath whenever we shower because it’s draining so slowly. I’m sure it’s hair, we have 4 daughters. We have tried draino, vinegar and baking soda, enzymes, and lastly a 15 foot snake. Nothing has worked. Any suggestions before we have to call a plumber?

Reach4

Reaction score
Unscrew the overflow, and pull the linkage out. Remove hair.

Cole2944

Reaction score
We pulled that out when we snaked the drain. There was nothing. I think the clog is pretty deep as the drain runs for a minute or two until it starts to backup.

Cole2944

Reaction score
Unscrew the overflow, and pull the linkage out. Remove hair.
We did that when we snaked the drain and nothing came out. I think the clog is deeper than that as the drain will work for a few minutes before it starts backing up.

MKS

Reaction score
Did you try to remove hair from the drain in the tub? I use a piece solid copper wire with a tight hook on the end.

Reach4

Reaction score
Any suggestions before we have to call a plumber?
No. If you don't have a plumber identified, look for one who promotes indoor drain cleaning.

It could have mattered whether the bathroom was on the second floor, the 9th floor, over the basement, crawlspace, or slab, but your plumber will figure that out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks