Recommend me a pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Buzzaro

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I've browsed this forum off and on for years. I would always end up here based on a google search of whatever I was having trouble with. It started when I was doing some tile and other plumbing for a remodel. The advice here always turned out to be most relevant and informative so now I just come here first. Enough brown nosing....

I am getting the irrigation system set up on my property (same one as the remodel) and I need a recomendation for a pump. I will be pulling water from a creek and pushing it about 20' (vertical) uphill. I don't have my zones set up yet but I will be having plenty of lawn so I'm planning around 20gpm. I want to use a submersible because the centrifugals I've looked at are on the edge of what I need for pressure and some specifically state not to use with a pressure tank. So anyway all the pertinent info:
20-25 gpm
pressure switch 40-60
CSV 50psi
20 gal pressure tank
25' max elevation from water level
Thanks

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
A 1HP will get you 20 GPM, but you would need a 1.5HP to get 25 GPM. The 1HP could be a 25GS10 Goulds or a 25S15-9 Grundfos. But you might also look at the 1HP, 33GPM Hallmark pump. It will do 20 GPM at that pressure and it only cost like 145 bucks. Not the best pump but could be replace 3 or 4 times for what one of the major brands will cost. Any of them will work with a PK1A or the PK125.

Buzzaro

Reaction score
A 1HP will get you 20 GPM, but you would need a 1.5HP to get 25 GPM. The 1HP could be a 25GS10 Goulds or a 25S15-9 Grundfos. But you might also look at the 1HP, 33GPM Hallmark pump. It will do 20 GPM at that pressure and it only cost like 145 bucks. Not the best pump but could be replace 3 or 4 times for what one of the major brands will cost. Any of them will work with a PK1A or the PK125.

I think I ordered a CSV from you already. Your original recommendation, which was based on a pump I incorrectly chose, was the CSV125-3. Will this valve still work with the setup I'm now looking at or will I need the smaller CSV125-1 or CSV1A?
I did see that Hallmark pump and also Schraiberpumps online and was wondering how bad they really are. My local supplier quoted me $1300 for a Gould GS pump and there just doesn't seem to be anything in between the $150 pumps and $1200 pumps for what I am looking at.
Anyway thanks for help

Last edited by a moderator:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Yes the CSV125-3 will still work with the 33 GPM Hallmark pump. You would need the CSV125-1 or the CSV1A to work with a 25 GPm pump as they build more pressure than a 33 GPM pump. I would be glad to swap out the CSV if you like, but I don't think you can beat the deal on the Hallmark pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks