I am having a terrible time with my wells. I dont have good pressure in my house

Users who are viewing this thread

George Winn

Reaction score
I have a 3 inch well with a 1 hp submersible with a 120 gallon pressure tank. The tank and softener is 80 feet from my house. The supply line is 1 1/4 inch PVC. All of the water lines are fed by 3/4 CPVC which runs 60 feet horizontally along the rear of my 2 story. then the lines feeding the house are 1/2 inch. 2 bathrooms upstairs have very weak pressure. The 1/2 bath and kitchen sink down stairs have very little pressure too. I want to fix this thing right. I am tired of the whole situation and the advice I am getting. The storage tank with booster pump interests me.I also have a 2 inch line I put in from pump house to main house just in case, it is not being used currently. I have another well same size that does my landscape irrigation. I have 5 acres, 4 of which have st augustine grass which has to be watered daily as well as about 100 bamboo plants along boundaries which require a lot of water. This well barely keeps up and really needs more pressure. I have irrigation zones limited to 10 GPM but still have low pressure . I am ready to just redo the whole system well and all if I can get some design help. I hate to ramble so I will stop. I will be grateful for any advice you can give.
George

State of Jefferson

Reaction score
I would check recovery on the well to see if you have an issue there. In demanding so much from the well I would maybe suggest a storage tank. I pump out of a very weak and shallow well on 1 acre. I pump into a bladder tank 1st, then that bleeds off slowly into the storage giving the well recovery time. Then i use a booster pump sucking out of the 2600gal storage into a second bladder take with the limit switch turned up. Water pressure and volume is great anytime i want it but the well doesnt feel the demand.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks