Can using pure Olive Oil face soap ("Kiss my Face" brand) clog drains or pipes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Chapel Hillian

Reaction score
Hello,

My Dermatologist has recommended I use this soap to wash my face, both in the morning and night.
(Previously I was using a soap less face cleanser.)

I know that olive oil can clog pipes and drains, so I was wondering if using this Olive Oil face soap twice a day could result in any drain or pipe clogs or other plumbing problems.

I've tried an internet search and wasn't able to find anything about this. I'm very grateful I found your forum.

Thank you!

Reach4

Reaction score
I know that olive oil can clog pipes and drains,
I never heard that.
so I was wondering if using this Olive Oil face soap twice a day could result in any drain or pipe clogs or other plumbing problems.
It will not be a problem.

Animal fats can clog drains. I think most bar soaps are made from animal fats (but I don't have statistics). Soaps made from animal fats don't clog drains, as far as I know.

Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
If the drains are iron or steel, grease and fats can stick to the metal. If a jar full of bacon fat is poured down the drain it can become a problem if continued over time. The amount of fats in soap is so small that it would not be a problem. Soap is water soluble.

Now, olive oil? It’s a vegetable oil and never heard that it can clog drains. It sounds like a myth. Animal fats harden at room temperature, vegetable oils remain a liquid. Soaps and detergents actually break down oils and grease. It’s why we use it to wash things.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks