Remove valve body on Brizo kitchen faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

boulderbri

Reaction score
Hi. I have a Brizo 64900 kitchen faucet that is leaking. Delta sent me a repair kit that contains new seats & springs. All the videos I've found show removing a dome cap to access all the parts that need replaced. This faucet has one big valve body cap. Anyone know if the entire valve body cap would come off? Delta support couldn't point me in the right direction and the parts diagram want very helpful (see below).

TIA! Brian

https://www.brizo.com/kitchen/product/64901-PC

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It looks like page 18 on their instructions show the break down. An Allen wrench to remove the handle, then the dome comes off, and the spin off the bonnet nut.

brizo-64900.jpg

Last edited:

boulderbri

Reaction score
It looks like page 18 on their instructions show the break down. An Allen wrench to remove the handle, the dome comes off then, and the spin off the bonnet nut.

Thanks! I pulled the handle before and the dome didn't come out. It looked like the width of the dome was wider than the top of the valve body. That's why I thought that maybe the valve body needed to come off. Possible the dome is just stuck and needs a little help. I'll try. Thank you!

Twimages

Reaction score
Thanks! I pulled the handle before and the dome didn't come out. It looked like the width of the dome was wider than the top of the valve body. That's why I thought that maybe the valve body needed to come off. Possible the dome is just stuck and needs a little help. I'll try. Thank you!
I have the same issue. Were you able to remove the dome without removing the whole valve body? I just can’t see how that can come out the top.

Frank Bandi

Reaction score
Hi - i am also having this issue - were you able to remove the dome without the whole valve body? Thanks

ernie sp

Reaction score
Hi - i am also having this issue - were you able to remove the dome without the whole valve body? Thanks
I finally got mine apart and fixed it. I wrapped the top dome with black electrical tape so I didn't leave any marks on it. Make sure water is turned off to faucet before working on. I grabbed onto bottom ring below the dome(is black about 10mm thick) with water pump pliers and put a smaller pipe wrench on dome where black tape is. 1st time it took a little to break free because the dome is threaded down and siliconed, just make sure bottom black rubber ring doesn't rotate. I found all pieces I needed at local Canadian Tire Store under (PlumbShop-Delta Faucet Repair kit-OEM#RP3614). You will need to change the top cam seal(make sure ball where seal touch isn't rough before putting together because this is what's leaking-clean off any build up) plus seats and springs since it is apart. You don't have to tighten the dome down really tight because you will feel it hit bottom and seal against the black ring.
My handle corrode on my faucet also. I cut it down below the corrosion and drilled a new hole and set screw. weird that nobody can find any parts for these faucets. After fixing my faucet it hasn't showed signs of any leaking in a month so far. Hope this helps

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks