Reducing Sprinklers in one zone

Users who are viewing this thread

A12548

Reaction score
I am having my backyard decked, currently I have a zone that has 5 heads along its line. After the renovation, I only need 2 of those heads to operate. Will it be too much pressure for just 2 heads? Currently its is fed with 1" pipe, will I make it worse if I reduce to 1/2"?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
If it’s on a pump most likely it’d be too much. If on city water, it doesn’t matter.
How many total zones are there? You can repipe it and move these two to another zone and eliminate this one zone altogether.
If you have a pump you can replace the sprinkler heads that dump more water and retime this zone for maybe 10 minutes. The pump will run ok as long as water flows to keep it cool.

A12548

Reaction score
If it’s on a pump most likely it’d be too much. If on city water, it doesn’t matter.
How many total zones are there? You can repipe it and move these two to another zone and eliminate this one zone altogether.
If you have a pump you can replace the sprinkler heads that dump more water and retime this zone for maybe 10 minutes. The pump will run ok as long as water flows to keep it cool.

Thanks! I have 4 zones, and since I have city water, no well pump, but you make sense, and I will take your suggestion and tie the 2 residual heads into one of the other 3 zones and Ill take note of the capped closed zone for future options. Would you suggest just setting zero minutes on the dead zone, or disconnecting the wires at the Timer box?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Always disconnect the wire and reprogram the controller. If this zone is say zone 3, disconnect the wire and move zone 4 to 3 on the controller. In the future someone may think it is an active zone and turn it on should you leave the wire on.

You can leave this two sprinkler zone as is since you’re on city water. Even if it was one sprinkler, it’s no different than a spigot for one garden hose.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks