Can I run my drain line vertical outside of my (tiny house on wheels) house?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sbas

Reaction score
Hello,

I know I know you are not supposed to run drain line very steep because food can get caught in it.

I have myself a tiny house on wheels and the picture you are seeing is the exit drain outside of my house. Since there is already about 15 feet of drain line before the exit, is it fine if I do a sharp drop or vertical drop outside my house?

I am running the drain line outside of the house and 90'd to the right, to go down the hill into a grey water system.

It's important to note that I do not have a garbage disposal (will be very conscious not to put food down sink) and have no black water (composting toilet).

So is there anything wrong if I were to 90 the drain pipe straight down until it hits the ground? I would then run the pipe at a low slope down the hill.

Thank you!

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 218

Reach4

Reaction score
So is there anything wrong if I were to 90 the drain pipe straight down until it hits the ground? I would then run the pipe at a low slope down the hill.
No. At the bottom use a 45 and a 22 or some such to make the transition from vertical to horizontal a bit gradual. If you use a 90, it should be a long sweep.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks