Limited hot water at other fixtures in house after installing new shower valve(no cartridge yet).

Users who are viewing this thread

Jazzman

Reaction score
Could cold water be bleeding back into other fixtures in house because cartridge is not installed yet? I called delta and they said no, but water is hot at gas water heater but doesn't get hot at guest bath.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
That subject is discussed in their installation manual...they used to include that plug, I think they no longer do, and it is an optional part. The easier thing to do is to just install the cartridge if you don't have the plug, or, if the shower valve has integral stops, shut them off.

Jazzman

Reaction score
That subject is discussed in their installation manual...they used to include that plug, I think they no longer do, and it is an optional part. The easier thing to do is to just install the cartridge if you don't have the plug, or, if the shower valve has integral stops, shut them off.

Unfortunately, a manual didn't come with my valve body when I got it from supply house. I just got back from picking up plug. It's installed on cold water inlet and there's plenty of hot water!

Thanks for your input!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks