Suggestion for submersible pump (from lake) for irrigation

Users who are viewing this thread

Mark Pearson

Reaction score
I am installing an irrigation system that will draw water from a lake. Total run will be 250 feet at a total elevation of 30 feet. What size submersible pump do I need and does anyone have any suggestions? I appreciate your time and expertise with this matter.

Reach4

Reaction score
I am installing an irrigation system that will draw water from a lake. Total run will be 250 feet at a total elevation of 30 feet. What size submersible pump do I need and does anyone have any suggestions? I appreciate your time and expertise with this matter.
Depends. Are you trying to run 10 impact heads (needs high pressure) each reaching out to a 70 ft radius? Doing drip irrigation (can use low pressure) to 25 apple trees fewer gpm? Doing zones, or wanting it all at once?

Mark Pearson

Reaction score
Depends. Are you trying to run 10 impact heads (needs high pressure) each reaching out to a 70 ft radius? Doing drip irrigation (can use low pressure) to 25 apple trees fewer gpm? Doing zones, or wanting it all at once?
I will be using impact heads and several zones. Never at the same time. No drip irrigation.

Reach4

Reaction score
The maker of the impact heads will list GPM requirements. For pure irrigation, it is best to have the pump produce the same amount of water that the heads consume, rather than having the pump go on and off.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
How many sprinkler are you planning on running on each zone? Then find out how many GPM's each sprinkler uses and at what pressure. If you can make every zone the same size and match the output of the pump, the pump will not cycle. If you need to use different size zones for different areas of the yard, you can add a Cycle Stop Valve, which will make your pump match any size zone you want or need to run.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks