Connecting Expansion Tank with Flexible Hose?

Users who are viewing this thread

JaCkaL829

Reaction score
Hello,

After noticing high water pressure in my home, I have decided to install a Watts presssure reducing valve right after my water meter to hopefully prolong my fixtures life, reduce water bill and help with water hammer.

All the reading I've done along with good feedback from forum members indicate that in addition to the PRV I need to add an expansion tank to my water supply. I ordered a tank and a kit to mount it to my wall. Space is limited, and I have duck work from my furnace and hot water heater on the cold side. I wanted to know if it would be acceptable to add a few in the supply line, put a small nipple, and solder a 3/4" male adapter. Than connect the tee to the tank using those flexible corrugated copper hoses? This seems like a good option to get around duckwork, and to make my life easier when the tank fails to replace. Are there any issues with using this type of hose? I see certain areas install hot water heaters with flexible hoses, so it would seem this would work.

I'm going to try to call my town plumbing inspector and asking if this is OK. He seemed nice when he did my inspection on my new boiler, but I figure I'd ask on here first since I value your input/experience above everyone else.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks